Facts and Stats about digital marketing
By- ADITYA HAZARIKA
There are more than 3.9 billion internet users, 1.3 billion websites, and 2.1 billion facebook users in the world and still counting…..
Do you know, that whatever you do on the internet, from browsing websites, to signing up for a letter, every search, every click, every view gets recorded somewhere.
Here in this article i will tell you some amazing facts and stats about digital marketing world, so let’s begin
- According to statistics, 80% of the people in United States are using internet regularly. Out of these, 97% uses it to search for products that they eventually end up buying.
- It is estimated that over 55% of emails are now opened on a mobile device which means that email optimization for mobile devices is necessary.
- It is reported that over 70% of internet users are present on at least one social media platform, which means that a majority of users can in fact be reached through social media.
- Surveys and studies carried out by experts in Social Media Marketing, like Hubspot and Social Media Examiner, reveals some satisfying statistics about online marketing. Results revealed that about 90% of marketers said that social media is important for their businesses. 66% of online marketers are using social media for approx 7 hours or more and 39% for 10 or more hours in a week.
- According to the reports from Google’s ‘The Mobile Playbook’, 94% of users uses smartphone for local information online. Based on the same report, 51% of those users visited the store they found online.
- Search engines are the virtual highways through which the majority of internet traffic flows and finds its destinations. Based on the statistics, Google.com is the most visited website. (Source) with around 80% of searches being conducted through this search engine alone. And that is just Google alone. So if a website is not doing well in its relationship with search engines, it is literally missing out on the majority of the traffic found on the internet.
- The number of searches on Google per second is more than 40,000. There are 130 trillion indexed pages and this number is constantly growing. This shows how the reliance and dominance of search engine activity over other internet activities is growing. Data for the August 2016 show that Google holds the highest market share of all the desktop searches, with over 79%, followed by Bing (9.9%) and Yahoo! (8.34%). For mobile searches, Google’s share is even larger, with over 90%.
- In a survey conducted with SEO industry leaders, 94% of the participants shared that the title tag was the best place to insert keywords in order to pursue higher rankings on search engines. That is why putting emphasis on coming up with creative, descriptive, relevant and keyword-rich title tags is so important.
- The top 100 and even the top 10,000 keywords actually account for not that big a percentage of search traffic. That simply mean that even if you could somehow dominate the top 1000 keywords on search engines, you would be losing out on about 90% of the total search traffic in play.
- With about roughly 50% of the internet’s traffic originating from mobile devices, Google rewards websites, which are designed to respond to the user’s device and load themselves accordingly.
- Google had been making changes to its algorithm on a very regular basis, with the frequency rising to 500-600 changes per year.
- There have been a lot of surveys and researches conducted in order to determine the search engine market share, and the figures do vary in different reports. However, the only thing they had in common is the Google’s supremacy over al the other search engines. According to the comScore (https://www.comscore.com/Insights/Rankings/comScore-Releases-February-2016-US-Desktop-Search-Engine-Rankings) results for February 2016, approximately 64% of searches have been conducted through Google search engine. Bing’s share in the total number of searches is approximately 21%, followed by Yahoo! Searches, which represent 12% of the total number. Apart from this, other search engines also have a minor share in global searches, which includes Ask Network with approximately 1.6% of market share and AOL, Inc. with less than 1% of market share, based on the same report.
- Google’s market share on mobile devices is over 90%, followed by Yahoo! with approximately 5% and Bing with approximately 6% of the market share.
- Usage of search engines varies in different parts of the world. While Google takes up the largest part of search engine market share in the USA and India, Baidu takes up over 60% market share in China, where Google falls behind with less than 5%.
- Google Analytics is most popular analytics tool which is used by 87% of Analytic Agencies who provide professional web trafficking services to other businesses. Due to the many features offered by Google Analytics, many webmasters use this service exclusively, without feeling the need to explore other web based analytical tools
- Biggest advantage of using Google Analytics is that the services from this tool can be combined with other similar web assessment services by Google (such as Google AdWords and Google Search Console), making a highly comprehensive and insightful analysis
- World population is approximately 7.6 billion
- The internet has 3.9 billion users
- There are 1.3 billion websites
- There are 3.1 billion active social media users
- On an average 210 billions emails are send per day.
- There are 5 billions searches on google per day.
- 5 billions videos are viewed per day on youtube.
- Facebook Messenger and Whatsapp together handle 60 billion messages a day
– Facebook: 2.072 billion users
– Flickr: 90 million users
– Google+: 111 million users
– Instagram: 800 million users
– LinkedIn: 500 million users
– Twitter: 330 million users
– WhatsApp: 900 million users
– Youtube: 1.5 billion users